For An Emergency Call 911!
Smart911 is a new, life-saving program offered through York County 911 to the entire York County community. It is meant to help improve the response you and your family receive in an emergency by allowing you to provide critical information to 911 dispatchers before an emergency arises.
Please take a few minutes to sign up by creating a FREE, secure online household profile at www.smart911.com.
The profile you create in Smart911 will be tied to your phone number (and the numbers of others you wish to include in your household profile) and immediately becomes available to dispatchers if you have to call 911. It contains largely the same information as you verbally would give to a 911 dispatcher, but it is provided calmly before an emergency arises.
This helps ensure that dispatchers (and emergency responders) get accurate information in a timely fashion, even if you are unable to speak effectively (such as in a home fire or due to a medical event).
The amount of information you provide in your Smart911 profile is entirely at your discretion, but examples include:
- Your address, which can improve response times if you call 911 from your home via a cell phone. Providing your home address via Smart911 can greatly improve response times if you are unable to communicate with a dispatcher (or if someone, such as a child or visitor, uses your cell to call 911 from your phone but doesn’t know the street address).
- Information about medications/medical conditions that may be crucial to emergency medical staff.
- Information on mobility problems or physical/developmental disabilities that can change the way responders handle a call.
- Emergency contacts, which ensures responders quickly can contact your family or friends in case of a vehicle accident or other emergency
- Information about pets, which can lead to greater safety not only for the pet but also for response agencies.
- Photos and descriptions of children, which can help save valuable time locating your child if he/she becomes missing or is abducted.
Your profile will “travel with you” and become available to any dispatch center that participates in the program (currently available in 40 states).
The information you provide is stored securely and is not searchable through the Internet or even by 911 dispatchers. It is only available to the 911 Center dispatcher when you contact 911, and only for 45 minutes.
Please consider signing up for this important program. It typically only takes about 10 minutes, but can make a big difference if you ever need to call 911.
47 E. High St.
New Freedom, PA 17349
P.O. Box 95
15 – 17 Hanover Street
Glen Rock, PA 17327
59 Water St
Glen Rock, PA 17327
York County Judicial Center
45 North George St., York, PA 17401
Pennsylvania State Police Troop H -York
York Station – 110 Trooper Court, York, PA 17403
(Loganville Exit off I-83)
PA Megan’s Law website: http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us