Penn Waste has the Trash & Recycling contract for Glen Rock through July 2017. Residents are required to use these services. The cost is $112.50 for six months.
Penn Waste owns the 32 gallon recycling bins that have been distributed to each residence.
Go to this site for more info: Penn Waste
Trash pickup is on Tuesday and Friday, recycling pick up is on Fridays through February 24th, then recycling changes to Tuesday starting February 28th.
If you have questions or concerns about refuse pickup, please call Penn Waste at 717-767-4456.
Recycling guidelines have changed. Click here to see how to prepare your recycling for pick up.
Note: The borough receives money based on total weight of recycled material. Help the environment and your borough by recycling as much as possible! Additional recycling bins are available for purchase in the Borough Office for $10.
Recycle your Christmas Tree up to January 31st! Click here for details: Christmas Tree Recycling
Holiday Collection Information & Schedule Change Notices
If collection falls on/after a holiday, all collections for the week are moved one day back. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there will be no change to the collection schedule.
Penn Waste observes six major holidays:
New Year’s, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
For example; Memorial Day and Labor Day both fall on a Monday. If your collection day is Monday (it falls on the holiday) your collection will be Tuesday. The pickup schedule for Memorial Day and Labor Day weeks will be Tuesday through Saturday. Thanksgiving falls on Thursday. If your regular collection day is Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, there will be no change. If you regular pickup day falls on a Thursday or Friday, your pickup will be moved one day back to Friday and Saturday respectively.
Important points from the Glen Rock Ordinance on trash and recycling:
- Recycling is mandatory for all residents.
- Refuse shall be placed in containers for collection. Containers must be durable, watertight and made of rust-resistant metal or plastic.
- Refuse shall not be placed by the curb for collection earlier than 5 pm the evening prior to a scheduled pick-up.
- No person shall accumulate garbage, refuse or recyclables for a period of time longer than 1 week.
- Residents that do not pay their refuse bill will be subject to collection fees per the following Resolution: Resolution 2013 – 11.