Want to get involved and make a difference in your Borough?
We have the following openings and opportunities to help. Download the Community Volunteer Form here!
- The Glen Rock Recreation Board is a great way to get involved. They can always use helpful volunteers!
- Volunteers of all types are needed to help run the next Arts and Brew Fest. The event has live music and a wide variety of entertainment. If you would like to help, go to the Arts and Brew Fest webpage for more information.
- Volunteers are needed for the Glen Rock Beautification Committee. Help maintain and improve the aesthetics of the Borough.
- We need help from anyone with experience writing Grants. One of the best ways to improve the Borough is through the Grant award process. If you have experience writing Grants or would like to learn and help us win money for Glen Rock improvements, we could really use your help. This is THE primary way we are able to make improvements in our Borough!
- Do you have a skill that we could use? Let us know how to use your talents to improve our Borough!
- If you would like to be on the waiting list to help with any Borough function, please contact the Borough office.
Note: Borough Council, Planning Commission, Zoning Hearing Board, and Police Commission personnel must be Borough Residents. Three of the five Rec Board members must be Borough Residents. Other positions do not require that you live inside Borough limits.
Contact the Borough Office for more information on any of these or other opportunities to help in Glen Rock Borough. Even if a vacancy does not exist right now, life events can cause short notice openings. Contact the Borough Office to volunteer for future openings or to submit a Letter of Interest. Thank you!!
Volunteers needed for following vacancy in the Glen Rock Community:
Planning Commission – one vacancy
Glen Rock Zoning Hearing Board: Volunteers; Board of three Borough
residents, three-year terms; meetings held on as-needed basis, for Variance or Special Exception Applications; Board receives guidance from solicitor and GR Zoning Ordinance.
Glen Rock Planning Commission: Volunteers; Commission of five Borough residents, four-year terms; meetings held on as-needed basis, for review of subdivision plans or Zoning Hearing Board applications requiring Planning Commission’s comments; Borough Engineer provides guidance/expertise to Commission when subdivision plans are submitted.
Glen Rock Water and Sewer Authority: Volunteers; seven members who are Borough Residents or Borough Business Owners, five-year terms; meetings held the second Wednesday of each month at the Sewer Plant, 7PM; responsibilities include attending monthly meeting, approximately 45 minutes – two hours in length, help to make decisions regarding the Operation of Water/Sewer Authorities; each board member holds an officer position, Board Members may not miss three consecutive meetings; Board has a solicitor.
Glen Rock Recreation Board: Volunteers; Membership is total of five members: three of the five must be GR Borough residents; initial term is three-years; re-appointment for additional terms of two-years; meetings held the third Tuesday of each month, 6:30PM at the GR Park or Borough Office (or Zoom); dedicated members develop, manage, maintain and protect the GR Park, to offer variety of leisure and recreation opportunities to GR community.
For any additional information, please contact Borough Office, 717-235-3206.