Help clean up Glen Rock by cleaning up our yards and porches to show how great our town can look.
So what do you do with your large trash items? Put them out with your trash on Fridays! Yes, the trash hauler will take one large item per week during our regular trash pickup on Fridays. So, trim your trees and bushes and put the trimmings out with your regular trash. Have an old couch or other undesirable items on the front porch? Put it on the curb on Friday. Look around your yard for junk that will never be used again and get rid of it!
Remember that Friday is recycling day and large items are only accepted on Fridays. Check out the list below for examples of what large items are acceptable and what is not.
Thanks for doing your part to clean up Glen Rock! Click here for more info.
Large Item Guidelines
*NO LOOSE PILES.*
*NO ITEMS WHICH ARE TOO HEAVY TO BE LIFTED INTO A TRUCK BY TWO PEOPLE.*
- Appliances (Items with Freon, like a refrigerator, require a separate trash truck. Please call Penn Waste to schedule the special truck!)
- Carpet 48″ max. length, rolled & tied
- Mattresses & Box springs
- Car Tires Only (must be off rims)
- Tree Branches and Brush 48″ max. length, must be bundled & tied
- Scrap Metal 48″ max. length
- Paints, Stains, Chemicals, and Liquids
- Automobile Parts
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Tires on Rims
- Commercial/Industrial Waste
- Construction Material or Debris
- Treated Lumber
- Roofing Shingles
- Ceiling Tiles